Products used: Terbinafine cream and urea cream, AM and PM
More confusion. At this point I decided that I needed some kind of combination of two or more different products. After all, I had tried everything individually and didn’t seem to get results. Never mind the fact that in the last picture, it was actually starting to work. However, I didn’t see it at the time, so I continued experimenting.
Around the time I switched away from my original formula, I was getting impatient and thought that maybe the fungus was becoming resistant to the tea tree oil’s anti-fungal properties. I decided to take a different route and use generic terbinafine cream in place of the oil mixture. The thought here was that the fungus might respond better to the terbinafine if it truly was becoming resistant to tea tree oil.
The main active ingredient in Kerasal Nail is urea. I decided to replace it with urea cream to see if it would have a better nail softening effect.
Regardless of whether this whole line of reasoning actually made any sense, the results were encouraging.